At Assam e-Niyog
1. Protection of Personal Information
- Protection of Personal Information
- What Information Do We Collect
- Use of Information by Assam e-Niyog
- Retention of Information
- Your Consent
- Disclosure of Information
- Access and Accuracy and Update of Personal Information
- Co-Branded and Other Associated sites
- Contact Us
2. What Information Do We Collect
- Indian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- Information Technology Act, 2000 sets out rules and principles for the management of personal information by commercial organizations. Assam e-Niyog services are made available to employers and job seekers across India. IT Act applies to Assam e-Niyog because it is an organization headquartered in Assam, India.
- IT Act provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
- Assam e-Niyog does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
3. Use of Information by Assam e-Niyog
- Assam e-Niyog requests certain information from you if you elect to register as a user of this site (‘Registration Information‘). Registration Information includes your full name, email address and password.
- If you are a registered user of the site, you are directed to create your profile through a form available in this site. The extent of the information that is collected includes personal information, contact details, permanent address, qualification details, special skills, experience, etc.
- You can visit this site without telling us who you are and without providing Assam e-Niyog with any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information (‘Anonymous Information‘) may be collected automatically as you navigate through the site or use our services, including usage details, sites visited prior to visiting our site, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. Please note that portions of this site will not function if you do not accept cookies.
- With the exception of the Anonymous Information described above, you will always know when we are collecting information from you and therefore have the opportunity not to provide the information.
- Some ads appearing on this website are delivered to you by DoubleClick, a web advertising company. Information about your visits to this site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address or other personal information) is used to serve additional ads to you.
4. Retention of Information
- Registration Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site. For recruiter the information is for the purpose of indentifying the organization or company as a genuine job provider or establishment.
- User Information, which generally includes the Profile Information which includes personal information, contact details, permanent and present address, qualification details, special skills, experience, etc, is used primarily to sustain you as an active candidate, to update you on the site, for recruiters to contact you and to email you regarding new site developments and information about our services or those of our affiliates, to answer your questions, and to provide you with services that you have requested. Profile Information are accessed by employers, recruiters, human resource professionals and other registered users of the Assam e-Niyog.
- User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site, to permit Assam e-Niyog or its business partners to contact you in a more specific and focused manner depending on the content of your User Information, or to provide advertisers and business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our customers and their preferences, including statistical information about the source of visitors, sales, traffic patterns and use of services.
li>If you are a registered user of this site and have provided Assam e-Niyog with Registration Information, we may use your Registration Information and User Information to provide tailored job opportunities or other information to you.
- Anonymous Information is used primarily by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. Assam e-Niyog may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site and some of our services easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to share information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form with our advertisers and business partners.
- If cookies are enabled for your internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
- Anonymous Information may be used to serve you with targeted advertising or tailored job advertisements on this site. Targeted advertisements and tailored job advertisements maybe be more interesting for you and are more productive for our advertisers and employers. While Assam e-Niyog does not collect personal information automatically, if you are using the site as a Registered User we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
- Profiles are accessed by employers, recruiters, human resource professionals and other registered users of the Assam e-Niyog Profile database. You will be provided with the choice of either allowing all parties who use our Profile database service to access your Profile and to contact you, or of limiting access to those organizations to which you choose to apply for a job.
- Assam e-Niyog makes every effort through contractual means and through the use of user IDs and passwords to restrict those who have access to our Profile database from using Profiles other than for the purpose of fulfilling a job posting. However, Assam e-Niyog cannot guarantee that all employers, recruiters and other persons with access will adhere to the limitations that Assam e-Niyog imposes on them, or that unauthorized persons will not gain access to the database. If at any time you would like your Profile removed from the Assam e-Niyog site, you may do so by using the ‘Delete Profile‘function located on the site. However, employers, recruiters and others who have subscribed for access to the Profile database, or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Profile in their own systems and databases.
- Some job postings which are posted on this site allow you to follow links to other sites where you can apply for specific job postings or submit your Profile. In some cases these sites are co-branded with the sites of employers, human resources customers or with the sites of our business partners. In some cases, such sites are still within the control of the Assam e-Niyog web server.
- When information is collected from you by Assam e-Niyog as a part of an online or email survey, unless you request to receive the results of the survey, no personally identifiable information is requested during such surveys and all collected information is used on an aggregated basis only.
Communication with Assam e-Niyog.
- If you contact Assam e-Niyog, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Improper Use of Personal Information.
5. Your Consent
- You may choose to delete your Profile from our Assam e-Niyog records at any time. We also delete Profiles from our records in accordance with internally developed experience criteria based upon when your Profile was created, last edited or last used to apply for a job posting, as well as your use of your account. Certain Registration Information regarding your account with us will normally be retained such as your name, email address and postal code should you wish to post a Profile or access our services subsequently.
- We maintain record retention practices and policies which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or that is no longer required or permitted by law to be retained.
- As a part of the Assam e-Niyog record retention practices and policies, you may request deletion of your personal information by contacting us using the support mail firstname.lastname@example.org , or by calling 1800-123-3230; we will erase all of your personal information upon request, including your Registration Information and account. If personal information is ever to be used to make a decision it will be retained long enough to allow you access to the information after the decision has been made.
- All personal information destroyed or erased from our records is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
6. Disclosure of Information
- Assam e-Niyog does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
- Assam e-Niyog may, for example, collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
- Assam e-Niyog may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing Assam e-Niyog, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, is required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, Assam e-Niyog will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
- Assam e-Niyog will generally obtain your consent electronically on our site. However, it may also be obtained in writing or verbally. In determining the appropriate form of consent, we will consider the sensitivity of and reasonable expectations regarding the personal information.
- You may withdraw your consent to the continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Assam e-Niyog at any time by using the support mail email@example.com , or by calling 1800-123-3230, but such a request would be subject to legal or contractual restrictions. We would also require reasonable advance notice to effect any requested changes. A request that Assam e-Niyog no longer collect or use your Registration Information or certain User Information or Anonymous Information, may mean that we will no longer have practical means to provide you with our services or products. You may no longer be able to log in to our site or may lose certain functionality when visiting the site, including functionality that depends on Anonymous Information such as the placement of cookies.
- If you withdraw your consent to the disclosure of personal information that you have previously authorized Assam e-Niyog to share with others, such as your Profile, you should know that employers, recruiters and others who have subscribed to the Profile database or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Profile or such personal information in their own systems and databases.
7. Access and Accuracy and Update of Personal Information
- Assam e-Niyog will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide to us.
- Assam e-Niyog uses domestic and foreign third party service providers to host and process certain data, including Profiles for Profile database search functionality, and credit card transactions if employers, recruiters or others have subscribed for access to paid services such as the Profile database. Third party service providers are required to comply with privacy laws and principles comparable to ours.
- Assam e-Niyog will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you.
- Assam e-Niyog provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete Registration Information and certain other personal information you have provided to us at any time on your own by going to My Assam e-Niyog on the site and changing or deleting your Registration Information and other personal information as desired. We ask that you regularly log in to the site and update your personal information and in particular your contact information to ensure its accuracy.
- You can update or delete your Profile at any time by logging on to the site and making the required changes. However, employers, recruiters and others who subscribe to the Profile database or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Profile in their own systems and databases.
- You may similarly contact us to address errors or omissions relating to your personal information by using this support mail firstname.lastname@example.org . provided in the site, or by telephoning 1800-123-3230. Assam e-Niyog does not share your identifiable personal information with any third party.
- If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any updates to which you have subscribed, you can log in to the site and change your personal preferences, or you can contact us using the support mail, indicating your preference not to receive updates.
- Upon request made in writing, Assam e-Niyog will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, at minimal or no cost to you, in accordance with processes and procedures that we have put in place for such requests. If you are unsure whether we have a record containing your personal information and would like to confirm what personal information we have, please send your request using the mail provided email@example.com , identifying all email addresses which you may have given to Assam e-Niyog. If there is a cost involved at all, we will inform you at that time.
- Assam e-Niyog will respond to all requests for access within 30 days or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to all of the personal information that we hold about you. Assam e-Niyog may not provide access to information if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, could be expected to threaten the life or security of an individual, reveal confidential commercial information, if the information is protected by a legally recognized privilege, if it was created as part of a settlement or dispute resolution process, or if it was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law. Assam e-Niyog will provide the reasons to you if it refuses an access request.
- An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Where Assam e-Niyog considers it appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that we collect, use or disclose, Assam e-Niyog uses encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in. Our practices and procedures for safeguarding your information are regularly reviewed.
- E-mails you send to Assam e-Niyog are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us. If your communication is sensitive or includes confidential information you must provide it instead via by telephone or by post. If your communication includes a credit card number you must contact Assam e-Niyog by phone at 1800-123-3230 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- It is important that you keep your user ID and password information secure and that you not share it with anyone, in order to safeguard your personal information on our Assam e-Niyog site.
- There are occasionally fraudulent ‘phishing’ emails targeting individuals who the perpetrators believe might be registered users of this site. Assam e-Niyog never sends an email that requests users to visit a webpage or place a call to provide their user ID, password or any personal information. We will never ask you to confirm your user ID or password via email. If you ever receive such an email, do not log in from any referred link and do not provide any personal information. You should contact our Business Support Group at 1800-123-3230 immediately and inform us of the email.
- Assam e-Niyog works to protect the security of credit card information during transmission by using Payment Gateway software, which encrypts information you input. Assam e-Niyog does not reveal credit card numbers when confirming an order.
10. Co-Branded and Other Associated sites
11. Contact Us
- Assam e-Niyog has partnered with reputable third parties to offer our customers a variety of services. Many of these services also require registration to make them function properly. You can recognize most of these sites if you see both organizations’ names on the webpage. For example, if you see a logo on the page that says ‘Powered by’, you are on a co-hosted site. We also have other third-party relationships, where the third party provides the technology or service under the Assam e-Niyog name and website. In either of these cases, unless otherwise indicated at the registration page, Assam e-Niyog does not provide your Registration Information to its third party business partners. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our third party business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than Assam e-Niyog. We encourage you to review our business partners’ privacy policies further to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
- The Assam e-Niyog site may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other sites.
- Assam e-Niyog will make information about its policies and practices relating to management of personal information readily available. Please direct any questions about our privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to our records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints using the provided mail email@example.com . All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.
- If you can contact us by using this support mail, cantact through our toll-free line at 1800-123-3230, or by postal mail to: Gratia Technology Pvt. Ltd. House No. 22, Zoo- Narengi Road (Opp. CPWD Guest House), Guwahati, Assam.